|A tenant has taken up residence in the pool toilet!|
|Flowers arrived from Gill, what a lovely surprise - I even managed to give the florist directions of how to find our house- in French- on the phone!|
|This is the beginning of my new orchard - brought home this evening, lots of digging to do in the next few days!|
|How the removal men left us at 11.30pm on Thursday evening, the space is clearing, slowly.|
|Most of the boxes are at least in the right room now. We have already made numerous trips to the dechetterie - the recycling centre.|
- Removed all mouse droppings, and caught three mice-no sign of them since!
- Unpacked most boxes - or at least looked in them and decided not to unpack them!
- Had phone line connected
- Met the Maire of our commune
- Met some of the neighbours
- Covered the pool for winter - oh well, something to look forward to in the Spring...
- Had a large delivery of logs for the wood burners...and stacked them all neatly
- Waved goodbye to husband and daughter (back next week)
- Had some old friends and new ones around for lunch
- Bought eight fruit trees (and been given one - thank you Pat and Richard!)
- Cleared a couple of small patches of garden for planting (flowers next to the house)...this job might be a bit harder than I anticipated!
- Pruned (hacked) the fig tree back so that we can open the shutters!
- Gently (by my standards!) pruned the wisteria
- Got builders to start work already on alterations in the house - a wall down here, an extra door there
- Discovered that a total rewire is necessary (not really a surprise!)
- Insured the car to drive in France
- Got hooked up to the internet
- Say a thank you to whoever is looking out for us every morning when I open the shutters on to an ever changing view - so far, mist, rain, sunrise, and the changing colours of Autumn
- THANK YOU!